Champion, Théodore (1873 - 1954)
- Post Office owner, Stamp collector and Stamp dealer
Théodore Champion was a stamp collecter from an early age and later became a dealer. He was the joint publisher of the Yvert and Tellier-Champion stamp catalogue. His purchase of two Post Office Mauritius stamps at the Ferrary sales, according to a Stamp Collecting feature on the Maison Champion in 1922, 'brought him prominently into the limelight'.
- Who's Who in Philately, London. [ Details... ]
- Butler, A. Ronald, The History of the Roll of Distinguished Philatelists, The British Philatelic Federation Ltd, London, 1990. [ Details... ]
- Rothschild, Henri de, Les Timbres-Poste et Leurs Amis, Théodore Champion, Paris, 1938. [ Details... ]
- 'A Peep into the Maison Champion', Stamp Collecting, vol. 19, no. 4, 28 October 1922, p. 85. [ Details... ]
- Alfred Lichtenstein and Théodore Champion at one of the Ferrary sales in the 1920s.
Prepared by: Helen Morgan
Created: 16 March 2006, Last modified: 27 August 2006